09 November 2011

Music to my ears




After silence,
that which comes nearest
to expressing the
inexpressible
is music. 
~Aldous Huxley


When I turned 12, this guitar
was a birthday gift from
my parents.  And I have
treasured it for so many
years now.


While I may be
musically inclined,
my 'talent' when it
comes to playing
is more like
fooling around.



Music is what feelings sound like.  
~Author Unknown
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The discovery of song and the creation of musical instruments both owed their origin to a human impulse which lies much deeper than conscious intention:  the need for rhythm in life… the need is a deep one, transcending thought, and disregarded at our peril.
~Richard Baker

 
 
 

Music expresses that which cannot be said 
and on which it is impossible to be silent.  
~Victor Hugo

 
 
 
Vonnegut states, "Music is, to me, proof of the existence of God. It is so extraordinarily full of magic, and in tough times of my life I can listen to music and it makes such a difference".

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased the you posted this series of images. When ever I see photos of a nude woman I always liken her curves to the beautiful curves of the guitar. I must ask if you really play.
    I can more fully appreciate this group of photos because of my own love of music. You see I play trumpet in two concert bands and a swing band.

    ReplyDelete