07 November 2011

Beauty

When it comes to photographs
of me, i have always been shy.
i'd rather be the one taking the
pictures, not being in them.

A lot of years have passed now
and i've taken a huge portfolio
of self portraits.  





 and i'm always telling friends
that who is in the picture isn't
really me.  It's sure not the gal
i see in the mirror every morning.

but i'm learning to see that it is!

so its with a great deal of shyness
and trepidation i post this one

Everything has beauty, 
but not everyone sees it. 
~Confucius

beautiful
vackra
smukke
belle
hermoso
nizhoni
ederra
mooi
schön
krásný




Beauty is not in the face; 
beauty is a light in the heart.  
~Kahlil Gibran

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Confucius. These is beauty in every human body. One only needs to open their eyes to see it. I am so pleased the you chose to post this image of your beautiful body. There are many of us who love women with soft curves. It would be my hope that others might look at it and be inspired by it. It it were possible I would give you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes effort to get past the media's portrayal of womanly beauty, to see real beauty, not just in a person's shape, but in a flower, a rock, a cloud, or the play of light. And thank you, I'll consider myself virtually hugged :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful picture!!! Curvy women are the best..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dan, I prefer the curvy look as well! ~Gal

    ReplyDelete