"So I close my eyes
to old ends
and open my heart
to new beginnings"
-Nick Frederickson
Here we are, the end of 2018.
Was it everything you hoped for
when we started this year?
The last two weeks of December
are always the hardest for me.
As we grow older,
our gains and our losses increase.
Sometimes, we focus on the gains
so we don't have to dwell on the losses.
But it's in this time that I tend to think
of all the losses.
I'm ready for January and a new year,
a time of new beginnings,
and I'm hoping for
a few new gains along the way.
Here's to a new year, a new chapter.

That's a beautiful picture. Cowgirl riding. It fits.
ReplyDeletedeal with whatever is and however can be.
both good and bad its all the same.
good questions. good beginnings.
“Also: I cannot distinguish between the love I have for people and the love I have for dogs.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, Slapstick