19 September 2017

Love Chooses



Remember that you don't choose love; 

love chooses you. 

All you really can do is accept it for all its mystery 

when it comes into your life.

-Kent Nerburn

Hello again, my friend!

It's been a busy week, a long stretch of non-stop work days

with a badly sprained pinky toe, causing a swollen foot and

broken blood vessels.  But it's healing.

I chose this quote because it reminds me of a toast from "Frasier"

An obsession kicked in and I'm watching the series over yet again

And now I know why.   It has to do with not wanting to get married

but doing it anyway; of hoping a Knight in White Armor would

rescue me and declare his love.  (Only in fairy tales, right?)

It finally kicked in why I like the episodes where Niles 

wants Daphne, and Daphne runs out on her own wedding.

I realize now that if I wanted something different, it was 

up to me to find the nerve to choose.  

I didn't.  Daphne did.

And I applaud her.  

And while it's somewhat of a (comedic) fairy tale .....

Love fuels the reason(s) to go after your dreams.  

They won't come to you without your own efforts.


2 comments: