01 September 2017
Hello, September!
Hello, September
I've been waiting for you!
By the 15th, we are past the
"monsoon season" so the
humidity will go back to it's
usual 10-15%.
And the temps will grow cooler!
Today .... a high of 108, it's finally
cooled to 107 and I can walk barefoot
on the pavement ... but only for a
few moments!
Today was a wonderful Friday.
Done at work by 10am, I headed to
Planet Fitness. I jumped on the treadmill
and set it for 55 minutes, 3.0 mph, and
covered the display. I didn't get the urge to
peek for quite a while, and had discovered that
32 minutes had passed, and I was well on my way
to making my 3 mile mark. I had reached that
"exercise high" and felt I could keep going and going
so I bumped it up to 60 minutes, finished at 65, and 3.25 miles.
Whew! It felt so good!
Back in the day when I had a personal trainer he taught me
to always finish strong. To the beat of a Beach Boys tune,
I finished the last 3+ minutes in a slow jog. Six hours later
I still feel pretty good .... but I'm sure I'll feel the pains tomorrow!
Thanks for stopping by!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment