04 February 2018

Spring Sunshine



"She was actually learning to love Arizona. 

The beauty and color and solitude, 

the vastness of it had called to something deep in her...."




Ok... so it's not so "vast" in my own backyard

but still, when I visited Arizona back in 2007,

I felt a calling and knew it would be home.

It took a year to get things rolling, to find a job,

pack up all my things, then load them in a truck

that I would drive cross country, towing my car

behind me!  It was a grand adventure, and 

about the scariest thing I've ever done!

But I did it.   It was tough, but mile by mile

until I couldn't drive any longer, I'd stop

for the night, only to carry on and do it all again

the next day.  It took nearly four days to get all

those miles eaten up.  I lived on peanut butter

sandwiches, pretzels and bottled water, because

I never knew where I would stop.  You can't just

pull up to a drive-thru window in one of these things! 

It was 10 years ago this month when I did this.

Where does the time go?   It's so hard to believe

it's been this long, and yet I feel as if I just arrived!

2 comments:

  1. That's life for you. Its a continuous adventure. When you feel like you just arrived, I think it means you are really living. -KT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But do we ever really arrive? Once we do, there's always something else, something new around the next corner! ~Gal

      Delete