30 May 2016

Sound of Silence



Every now and then, I am lucky enough to find

what I consider a gem.  I'm always a bit odd in

things that I like - things outside the norm, that

don't fall into any certain category.


I collect different versions of the song "Over the Rainbow".

My all time fav version is by Eric Clapton (a little odd, right?)

but Eva Cassidy does it incredibly well, as does Chris Botti,

the trumpeter.   But I think I'm going to add another classic

song into my mix of collections:  "Sound of Silence";  that

old Simon & Garfunkel classic was recently done by

Disturbed, and his gritty, gravelly voice intrigues me, as does

the passion he pours into the song.  Since it's a metal band, I

prefer the version performed on Conan .... (watch here) 

Such pure tones *shiver*

Sometimes that's how I feel:

"... but my words like silent raindrops fell                

                                      and echoed in the wells of silence .... "



No comments:

Post a Comment