12 February 2017

Weekend Groove

An unusual weekend for me

Out of sorts

what to do next?

my focus has been off

when I'm at home.

It's weird.  I was always

someone's wife, someone's mother

and now ... it's just me.

If something doesn't get done ... eh

it's ok, tomorrow's another day.

And yet I've this anxiety about getting

my house cleaned and minimized

because we never know how long we have

here on earth.

I have a passion for genealogy and in trying to

figure out my great grandmother's background,

I've come across her name, Ida, in an account of

some "soiled doves" and got to wondering if that's

where he met her?  Her last name has always been

mysterious, as is her background info, and this

could explain it!   I was perusing photos of

"soiled doves" and there are some excellent ones

that I've saved ... and of course, that got me wondering:

in 50+ years, will anyone look back at nudes

posted on the internet and think some were special in any way?

Here are two of my favs:

Related image


Image result for soiled doves

4 comments:

  1. One word... Voluptuous!

    Word Origin & History
    voluptuous late 14c., "of desires or appetites," from O.Fr. voluptueux, from L. voluptuosus "full of pleasure, delightful," from voluptas "pleasure, delight," from volup "pleasurably," perhaps ultimately related to velle "to wish," from PIE *wol-/*wel- "be pleasing" (see will (v.)). Meaning "addicted to sensual pleasure" is recorded from mid-15c. Sense of "suggestive of sensual pleasure" is attested from 1816 (Byron); especially in ref. to feminine beauty from 1839. Voluptuary "one addicted to sensuous pleasures" is attested from c.1600.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey... thanks for the lesson, always fascinating to see where words started and how they've morphed over time! didn't know the word "voluptuary" ... I like it! ~Gal

      Delete
  2. Does that mean you'll be my Valentine? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask me again in 363 days! hehehehehehe
      <3 ~~Gal

      Delete