Sometimes life itself is in focus
while we are just the blur.
Other times, life is like a blur
and our only focus is our self.
~~Gal
I feel as if I'm in some kind of transition.
I've been reading a lot; I look for answers,
for helps, reading about others who are also
Empaths. I came to a realization today.
One of the gals at work said "You should
smile more, you look so sad." Well, at my age,
I've "earned" my face! But after lots of thought,
I realized that I don't smile or ask inane things like
"Hi! How's it going?" to people who pass me by
at work because I'm that person who, if I ask them,
they will begin to tell me things about what's going
in their lives. And to be perfectly honest, it's not
something I need to hear. The negative energy a
person puts out when telling things (read: complaining)
projects itself on to me, and I'm left feeling as if I've
been through a battle. It's not that I've lost my compassion
for folks dealing with troubled times, but I've not yet
found my own protective "bubble" if you will that keeps
their energy from me. Life is a process of learning and
dealing, and this is my current battle.
At times, I feel as if life is in focus and I'm just the blur.

No comments:
Post a Comment