27 April 2013

Free Spirit


"Follow Coleman Hawkins' 
improvised lines 
very carefully. 
He is using them 
to tell us something. 
Pay very close attention. 
He is telling us the story 
of the free spirit that is 
doing everything it can 
to escape from within him. 
That same kind of spirit 
is inside me, inside you. 
There--you can hear it, I'm sure: 
the hot breath, 
the shivering heart...."
-Haruki Murakami




 Just a few free spirited 
poses at the end of 
a long hard week....

Happy Weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Be free. Cast off those long ago learned inhibitions. Just be yourself, express yourself and be free. One of the best ways I can think of is to tear off your clothes and dance as if no one is watching.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm glad no one's watching... but losing those inhibitions that were cast upon me years ago feels terrific! ~Gal

      Delete