25 December 2016

Merry Holidays!


Merry Christmas, my friend!

It was a typical day for me - I spend this day alone,

and I have every year for more than 10 years.  

Hazards of the occupation, I always say.

But it's more than that.  I am not happy being

a compulsory consumer.  The only ones who win

are big corps.  The rest of us eat too much, drink

too much, indulge too much.  And we're forced to

spend months paying it off.  That's not for me!

I watched a Netflix documentary on The Minimalists

and enjoyed it very much.  So much marketing and

expectations around the holiday season to indulge

when the best things in life are free.  Time spent with

family is the best thing of all.  I don't do that during the

holiday season, because I'm the only one who isn't into

the whole 'christmas' thing.  And that's ok - to each their own.

I spent the holiday weekend repainting my bedroom.

I went from girly lavender to an elegant "silvery moonlight"

and I am totally loving it!  As I reconstruct my room and put

things to rights, I am getting rid of things that are no longer

of any value to me.  I'm not going extreme minimalist, but

who needs nighties I wore back in the day when I was married?

I've been single for 12 years.  lol  They're OLD!   Out, out I say!

And it feels good!

I hope your holidays were everything you wanted them to be - and more!

Merry Holidays, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment