For the first time today, I encountered
someone who posted a negative
comment about a picture. I, of all
people, realize that nude
art is
subjective to the eyes of
those who look at it.
All
nudes are not created equal.
All human bodies are unique works
of art
in that no two are alike.
(No worries, it wasn't here on the blog)
My first instinct was to get all
catty about his comment, but it's not worth my time. Rather, if I'm
going to spend time writing about it, its to reiterate that I
take my pictures because there are women out there like me who don't
have a perfect body, and who may not feel good about who they are
because they don't look like women in the media, which portrays beauty
in a very limited way.
Yes, I'm brave enough to be different... are you?
Dear Theo,
ReplyDeleteI have the utmost respect for you and for what you do. Its amazing to see and experience the journey you are going on.
You certainly are different and extremely brave. I iwsh i had half the courage you have. You are an inspiration to me.
Dont let the negative comments bother you, its just a meaningless part of the Internet.
Ach
Thanks Ach! As always, your comments lift me up and make me smile. I usually don't let the negative bother me ... its more realizing that there are small minded people everywhere. We just have to watch out for them :) HUGSSSS!! ~Lin
DeleteAbout negatives I tell people who have been subjected to nay sayers that, as I was once told "when you get down and wrestle in the mud with pigs you both get dirty but the pig actually enjoys it".
ReplyDeleteCharlie
That's a good one, Charlie! Its true, usually the ones who dish it out -- eh, they're not worth the trouble. And doesn't stop me from doing what I do!! thanks :)
DeleteYou lost me at the part about "women who don't have perfect bodies"
ReplyDelete