10 December 2011

67Degrees

December and 67 degrees
here in the
Valley of the Sun!

I decided to take
a book,
and my lunch,
along with a cool drink,
out to sit on my patio.

It was heavenly to feel
the sun wash over me.







As I read my story, this jumped out at me, and made me laugh out loud!
This is an exchange between father and son, after the girl leaves the son :

"When it comes to love I'm as dumb as the  next guy, who's as dumb as the guy next to him.
Kind of like dominoes.  Men are dumber than dirt when it comes to love."
"So its hopeless"
"No.  You just have to learn to understand how women think."
"I'm listening."
"How many pairs of shoes did [your dog] Jett chew up before you got her to quit?"
"About a dozen."
"But you didn't get rid of her after she ruined two pairs. or four. or ten."
"Hell no, I loved her, and I was determined to train her."
"That's how women think. They love us, and they're determined to train us."

(From James Patterson's "Kill Me If You Can")

No comments:

Post a Comment